Saturday, August 7, 2010

Homemade TV Stand

Today I had a stand made for my Television. I have a 51 inch big screen TV, not a flat screen which seems to be what is in a lot of homes these days. I want one! I would prefer to have one. I like the look of a flat screen TV but since there is nothing wrong with my big screen TV it does not make any sense to buy a flat screen for the den, I have one on the wall in my bedroom. I would have to try to sell the big screen but I doubt if anyone would want to purchase it, or I would not get much for it. I will just wait until it dies.



I was sitting in my recliner and watching TV and got to looking at the style and thought what if I had cabinet made to cover the base of the TV? Um! I figured if I made a bottom to cover the base maybe I could make it look as if it were a flat screen TV sitting on a stand. I got a pad and pencil and began sketching a design on paper, I am not an artist mind you; I showed the drawing to my husband and asked him if he could make it. He is not a carpenter but he is pretty handy. I call him Handy Manny; like the cartoon, his name is Manny and he is handy. Anyhow we took measurements and we went to the Home Depot and purchased some wood and he and I got busy building my design. I have included some pictures below:


TV before Cabinet


Building Process
 
 
Before Primer 


After Primer


Painted


End Result

I still have to sand in some areas and repaint but that is it. Does it look like a flat screen sitting on the stand?

No comments:

Post a Comment